A Little Bit About Me...

My name is Bryn Jarvis and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am a junior studying Elementary Education. I graduated from McGill Toolen Catholic High school. I work at St.Pius X with Pre-K 3 and have working there for 2 years. I love working with children and hope to become a wonderful teacher.
My Teaching Philosophy

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Twitter

I have learned a lot about Twitter this semester. Before we were assigned Twitter as a requirement for this class I had heard a lot about it but was not that interested in it. I thought that it was something that a lot of celebrities had gotten into and it was something more for them than regular people. I am very glad that we were assigned to learn about Twitter because I think there are a lot of uses for it! I have learned about Twitter by actually getting on there and exploring the website and exploring other peoples pages and seeing what they have on there pages that I did not know about before. I also read the information that was on the class blog about Twitter that other students and teachers suggested to help learn more about Twitter. I also was in class on all the days that we learned about Twitter and Dr.Strange and my classmates have helped me learn some things about Twitter. I get on Twitter pretty much every day and will post my thoughts at that time to everyone in general. I also will comment on other people that I follow comments. I think that Twitter can be very useful in a classroom in that you can have discussions with your students for classroom assignments. I was also talking to the teacher I have been discussing things with and she suggested that since she is a kindergarten teacher and her students obviously can not use this that she wanted me to educate her more on what Twitter was because she wants to use it to communicate with her students parents. I think that this is such a great idea and I never would have thought about that. She wants to update the parents on what is going on and what she is thinking coming up and getting their opinions on that through Twitter. I think it is cool that I could actually teach her something. I definitely think that I will use this in the future when I become a teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment