A Little Bit About Me...

My name is Bryn Jarvis and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am a junior studying Elementary Education. I graduated from McGill Toolen Catholic High school. I work at St.Pius X with Pre-K 3 and have working there for 2 years. I love working with children and hope to become a wonderful teacher.
My Teaching Philosophy

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Experience I have that will contribute to making me a better teacher

I am hoping to graduate in Fall 2010 and I am hoping that I can gain lots of insight to be a great teacher. I love children and have had lots of experience with them. I have worked at St.Pius X daycare for 2 years. I work with the Pre-K 3 children and I absolutely love it. Although I do not do a lot of teaching it has given me a really good opportunity to with children and learn more about them. Before working at the daycare I worked at UMS Wright Preparatory School and an extended care teacher. I worked with the first and second grade group. I loved working there because the kids were a lot of fun. I helped them with their homework and did activities with them until their parents came to pick them up. I also would help in the 3rd-5th room and I enjoyed working with all of these age groups. I feel like I have had experience working with Pre-K children all the way up to fifth grade and I think that it is something goof that I can contribute and have experience when I start working. I really feel like my experience working with children has given me a slight advantage to knowing how they react to things and how to deals with some situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment