A Little Bit About Me...

My name is Bryn Jarvis and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am a junior studying Elementary Education. I graduated from McGill Toolen Catholic High school. I work at St.Pius X with Pre-K 3 and have working there for 2 years. I love working with children and hope to become a wonderful teacher.
My Teaching Philosophy

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Technoloy In My Future Classroom

will definitely incorporate technology into my classroom. I think that it is very important in classrooms today unlike the traditional ways of the past. I have learned many things in my EDM310 class semester on different ways to use technology in the classroom. I have learned about all the free techniques out there and how to search and find almost anything you could ever need or want online. We have learned about igoogle and it is a free and easy way to use the internet with your students. We learned about google and its basic you can do everything without having to buy the expensive programs. We learned about Twitter and many other online sources. You can get on utube and learn about almost anything in and how to videos on so many things. We also learned about itunes university where you can get on and here lectures from actual professors which you can use to teach in the classroom. We learned how to do a podcast but most importantly how to listen and watch podcast which is a great learning tool in for me myself and in my classroom. I can look up so many different things and find out so much information students can do this also. We also had to participate in a weekly blog and a professional blog on blogspot.com. This is a great tool for the classroom! I actually found the teacher that I communicated with on blogspot. She hasa webpage for her classroom that he parents can access to find out what is going on in their child's classroom. There are just so many things out there you jst have take a little time to sit down and look!

No comments:

Post a Comment